Wednesday, November 25, 2009

tranferring!!!










Fall 2010 has always been my goal of when I will be transferring schools. However I have still not made up my mind as to what school I will be transferring to. My major is Veterinary Medicine, and HACC does not offer that so I change my major or transfer, and there is no way I will change my major I have wanted to be a Veterinary ever since I was 5. There's three schools that i have been looking at for awhile now, Wilson, University of Hawaii Manoa, and Michigan State Univeristy.

Wilson is an ALL GIRLS CAMPUS! I not really a girlie girl so being around nothing but girls would drive me crazy. However wilson is the number 1 school for VMT and they have a campus filled with animals so the hands on part is perfect. It is also in PA so I would not have to pay the out of state tutition, even though it does not make a difference because tutition is 28,000 a year anyways.

University of Hawaii Manoa is in Hawaii so the weather would be right up my alley! There VMT program focuses mainly on the equine (large animal) side, such as, farm animals. However thats where all the money is at. Dealing with household pets a VMT can make 40-57,000 a year. A VMT with equine is anywhere from 67-133,000 a year. So either way the money is good. I havent heard much about how good the UHM program is though. The tutition is 24,000 a year which includes non-residents and housing. My family have a beach house in Manoa though so i would be a resident and would not need housing so my tutition would be 12,000 a year.

Michigan State University is a nice campus. It has amazing sports teams and great teachers. I went last year to visit the school and fell in love with it. Except for the weather! I conplain about PA weather and Michigan is much worse!! The tutition is 35,000 a year. So it's kind of pricey but I have paid my way for everything so if that's where i go i'll pay my way there too.

I have until the end of this semester to choice a school but all 3 of them offer something different. So lately i've just been in and out of HACCs office trying to figure out which school they could transfer my credits too.

No comments:

Post a Comment